|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: Semester 3 (Monsoon)
Course Coordinator and Team: Divya Chopra
Email of course coordinator: email@example.com
It is felt that most often, students with conventional backgrounds of higher secondary and graduate level education, are not acquainted with methods of organizing information contents in a rationalized and visually rich manner that is so much an integral part of any design oriented learning or practice process and has been regarded as a fundamental pillar of design thinking. Keeping this in view, the course will attempt to introduce concepts, tools and techniques that may facilitate, innovative means of recording and content development as well as structuring of information in a fashion that could evoke new insights and lead one to articulate fresh proposals towards value creation in a chosen context.
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- To build a critical and conceptual understanding of methods of organizing, given information contents, in a rationalized and visually rich manner.
- To generate an understanding of the techniques of information modelling and data visualization, in a manner that is evocative of lending new insights and prospects of creating fresh values in an overall context of social innovation.
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
Assessment Details with weights:
- Information Modeling and Relational Databases, Second Edition (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems), by Terry Halpin
- Data Modeling Essentials, by Graeme Simsion (Author), Graham Witt (Author)
- Data Smart: Using Data Science to Transform Information into Insight by John W. Foreman
- Data Modeling: Theory and Practice by Graeme Simsion
- Chart Sense: Common Sense Charts to Teach 3-8 Informational Text and Literature by Rozlyn Linder Ph.D.
- Visual Complexity: Mapping Patterns of Information by Manuel Lima
- Organizing Plain and Simple: A Ready Reference Guide With Hundreds Of Solutions to Your Everyday Clutter Challenges by Donna Smallin
- Organizing from the Inside Out, Second Edition: The Foolproof System For Organizing Your Home, Your Office and Your Life by Julie Morgenstern
- The Discipline of Organizing by Robert J. Glushko
- Organizing Knowledge by Jennifer Rowley and Richard Hartley (Author), Jennifer Rowley (Editor), Richard Hartley (Editor)