|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: Semester 2 (Winter)
Course Coordinator and Team: Divya Chopra, Venugopal Maddipati
Email of course coordinator: email@example.com
Service Design Studio will emphasis on the study of the phenomenon of service design. It would start by visiting our fields and learning to spot occurrence of product, services and systems in our immediate environment. It would study how these entities help make up and shape our social, economic and functional lives by helping us perform our various tasks and forging us into various social categories. From these studies, a suitable and challenging topic would be picked up and researched further as a service design project that will follow its own systematic design process. It is expected that this project would address a real opportunity of working with people and communities and present a new value offering through a service that provides both an economic return and also a social return in terms of enhanced social relations.
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the concept of services and their daily interactions in our economy and social life.
- Be able to identify, recognise and connect with existing service design offerings in our economy, both in the formal and the informal sector.
- Define service design and its various characteristics, components and typologies in our economic and social context.
- Document service design offerings with appropriate research tools and media such as User Journey Maps, Stakeholder Maps, Service Process Map and Service Blueprints.
- Design new services in/for our social sector and add a new value offering for it.
- Critically analyse the role and potential of new technologies, materials and knowledges to shape the form of new service design offerings and their access to markets through various media.
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
- The course would be divided into modules with following themes:
- Local and global developments in Service Design and their share in respective economies.
- Emerging trends and opportunities in India, particularly in social sector, towards creation of new entrepreneurship and jobs.
- Development of Research Tools and methods.
- Role and use of technologies, both old and new in shaping new services
- Scenario building, communication, prototyping services
- Ways of Document preparation in a manner that may be circulated and shared
Assessment Details with weights:
The final grade would be composed of the following:
- Continuous Class assessments: 40%
- Final Assignments: 40%
- CPE: 20%
- Designing in the Bubble, John Thackara
- Sustainable Everyday Ezio Menzini, Tuft Books
- This is Service Design Thinking, by Marc Stickdorn and Jakob Schneider
- 101 Methods of Design, by Vijay Kumar
- Tim Brown of Ideo in YouTube